
Holy freakers why did my beautiful Fall depart so hastily? My love of Michigan quickly changed today! Joel and I went on a date tonight and we had to walk from the parking garage to the restaurant. Ummm, yeah it pretty much brought back some terrible memories of freezing my potato off last year! I'm sad because I refuse to buy myself a winter coat just for a few more weeks of humongoid uteritis (a.k.a big fat prego belly). I'm not sure exactly how I'll get along with a simple jacket for the entire winter - maybe I'll just wrap myself up in a big blanket and call it good. It's probably the only thing that will fit soon enough.
I think the thing that I hate even more than this bone-chilling cold air is the infestation of diseases that run rampant in this jive town complex. I swear as soon as someone is sick around here, it runs like wildfire until it's time for another round of sickness. In fact, Joel and I just got done cleaning up Camryn's vomiting episode. Yipee! I'm just so freak'n grateful that it happened when Joel was home! He's on call tomorrow so pray for me - I don't want this to go through the whole family while I'm alone - gag! It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

The silver lining in this particular situation is what happened once Camryn was clean and snuggling in OUR bed. She whispered in my ear, "Thanks for helping me out Mom." How cute is that? JD said the same thing to me when I cleaned up his barforama episode a few weeks ago. I love grateful kids.
As I'm writing this, I feel the need to write a few happy things to get me through these next few months...
- Joel and I are beside ourselves with glee because we get to look at houses next week!
- Joel keeps wanting to take me out on dates so we can have a conversation w/o any interruptions - no complaints here.
- I love that we have a babysitter that lives a couple of apartments away - hence the opportunity for multiple dates!
- My braces are going to come off in 2 months - as long as my teeth behave.
- Christian and Camryn play beautifully together. This lovely phenomenon allows me to rest my poor worn-out body during the day.
- I love it when I remember to chain my door so that Christian can't escape and neighborhood kids can't sneak in while I'm taking a shower!
- I love that we sold JD's loft bed on craigslist just to replace it with our KING bed! Yep, you read that correctly. JD's tiny little room is now just one ginormous bed - he looks so tiny all wrapped up in the covers!
- I love that we gave JD our old king because we bought ourselves a nice new king. Joel is convinced we're the only people in Northwoodian history to have 2 kings in these tiny apartments!
- And finally, I love that I happened to arrive at Macy's department store today just to discover a freak'n awesome sale. I got some scream'n deals! To top it off, some kind skinny lady felt sorry for me and my heavy load (many bags and 2 kids) so she helped me out to my car! How nice is that?
6 comments:
That is so sweet that Camryn said thank you!! what a sweetheart.
Thanks for posting something. I was getting bored and needed someone to post something somewhere quick or who knows where my brain would of led me.
So, did I know you have BRACES???? If you told me, sorry I can't remember everything. Except when it comes to your childhood...that I remember! Sorry about the vomit. No fun. Your kids love you though and that is all that matters! Good luck on the house hunting! Let me know what the details are when you get back. If you can remember that is. :)
I am not sad that I moved to a state where there is no snow.
I am sad that I moved from my neighborhood where the sitters were next door.
I too am looking at houses. It is fun and we think we may have found a winner. Stay tuned.
I love you and your cheerful, optimistic, slang filled posts.
Your kids and so DANG adorable!!!!! And sweet! I like that you are going to look for houses, because that means you are coming here, doesn't it?? I can't recall exactly. Let us know- we are dying to see you guys- we miss you all!
All I can say about the cold is Me Too Me Too! For the rest of it...well, I'm sorry about the sickness. But you're right about your wonderful kids. They are awesome. Wish I could come see the humongous bed in JD's room! I had no idea it could fit!
Wow! Some lady helping you out, that's pretty cool. This is your last humid-cold winter, now it will be dry-cold. Hmm, which one is worse or better??? So happy you guys will be way closer. Now we can do quick little weekend getaways. Happy that all of you are here.
Post a Comment