Joel and I were fortunate enough to take the kids (all 3 3/4 of them) back to Utah for a little R&R with our families. Actually, the REAL reason we spent 2 fun-filled weeks in Utah was so that Joel and I could take a trip up to Pokey and look at houses! That was our favorite part anyway (sorry family - I really love you, but if you only knew how much I want to move on with my life!). The hospital is taking such great care of us: our tickets, rental car, gas, related food etc were all paid for! We are soooo not used to this kind of treatment - I love it!
Now, how do we get them to pay for our house??? ha ha
Anyway, before I get ahead of myself, I need to post some memories and pictures about our adventures while in Utah. Get ready for a ton of pics. You'll just have to wait to hear about our house hunting trip next post. Some things might be in the works anyway......
OK, first thing first...
Joel and I are so thankful to have the incredible families that we have. We've grown quite fond of them since we've lived so far away (ha ha). We can hardly wait to move a short 2-3 hour drive from them. Both sets of parents are so supportive and helpful. We love to hang out with our brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews. We're lucky.
So in the season of Thanksgiving, here are a few of my favorite people that I'm most thankful for:
My mom & dad: they've been married for like a hundred years.
My dad: he just finished his last round of chemo and is tired, but doing well!
My Grandma Zesta and her cute husband, Charles.
My hilarious brother Frankie & awesome wife Lisa
My sister Andrea and her fabulous new hubby, Mark
My Joellie - my best friend
My dad: he just finished his last round of chemo and is tired, but doing well!
My Grandma Zesta and her cute husband, Charles.
My hilarious brother Frankie & awesome wife Lisa
My sister Andrea and her fabulous new hubby, Mark
My Joellie - my best friend
JD, Camryn and some of their cousins
Christian and his chicka cousins.
Chistian is surrounded by girls at home and in both families. He's going to make a fantastic husband some day!
Lisa, he's still asking to play with Sophie!
Chistian is surrounded by girls at home and in both families. He's going to make a fantastic husband some day!
Lisa, he's still asking to play with Sophie!
My brother and nieces
4 generations: My mom, grandma and daughter.
This is my only living grandparent. I have so many fond memories of her. She is 95 and getting frail. I don't like the idea of losing her. I'm grateful we could be together for Thanksgiving. Camryn wispered in my ear before we took this picture that she loved her "old grandma!"
This is my only living grandparent. I have so many fond memories of her. She is 95 and getting frail. I don't like the idea of losing her. I'm grateful we could be together for Thanksgiving. Camryn wispered in my ear before we took this picture that she loved her "old grandma!"
This one's for you Jenny...
Grandpa Bagley bought a gingerbread house kit for the kids to work on. I had to hurry and take a picture because I figured this masterpiece wouldn't last long.
I was right.
OK, enough of my family. On to Joel's fam. We come from 2 large families and so trying to squeeze everyone in is a bit of a challenge. Luckily, we were able to share a baby blessing, early Christmas celebration and of course, nachos and santa shakes (a Gardner tradition) with almost everyone (miss you uncle 'Thaniel :( ). Here are a few pics of the great time spent with my "other" family. Again, we are so lucky...
Our newest niece, Aliyah (did I spell that correctly Brit?) on her blessing day.
4 generations again! Joel is lucky enough to have all of his grandparents still going strong. Grandpa & Grandma Gardner have always been so gracious towards us.
Christmas in November - turning out to be a Gardner tradition. So fun!
"When are we going to start opening presents already??!!"
I swear, Camryn was so excited to get an early start on Christmas. She asked when it was going to be her turn at least a dozen times.
Like father, like daughter...
This is Steve, our Chinaman uncle. He's been in China for 5 or so years (is that right Cristie?) and is so affectionate towards all of his nieces and nephews.
Josh (Joel's brother) and Melodie were "lucky" enough to have us give to them this year. When we were in Chicago, we stopped by the Hershey factory store and bought the "World's Largest Chocolate Bar!" 5 pounds of creamy bliss if you ask me.
Our goal is to fatten you up Melodie!
I'm sorry, but my Christian is so dang cute! He was elated to get a "hippity hop Mickey Mouse ball" from Gammy & Grandpa. Doesn't that make you feel good Cristie??

Our goal is to fatten you up Melodie!
We ended our trip with a visit to see the lights on Temple Square with my brother Frank and his family. Our kids are the same age and love each other.
It was a nice way to end our trip.


It was a nice way to end our trip.
So can you see now why Joel and I have so much to be thankful for? The only thing I regret about our trip is not being able to visit everyone we wanted to see. We really wanted to see your new gorgeous baby Randy & Caroline! Sorry! There just isn't enough time when we're Utah - it drives us crazy! Maybe next time.
Well, it's late and I'm tired so I'm going to hit the hay. Actually, I don't really sleep much anymore. I go through serious insomnia when I'm pregnant. The good thing is that I get to ponder a great many things. The bad thing is that I'm often tired and ornery during the day. I guess it's a good thing I don't sleep - I need all that time to repent....and count my many blessings!
Well, it's late and I'm tired so I'm going to hit the hay. Actually, I don't really sleep much anymore. I go through serious insomnia when I'm pregnant. The good thing is that I get to ponder a great many things. The bad thing is that I'm often tired and ornery during the day. I guess it's a good thing I don't sleep - I need all that time to repent....and count my many blessings!
8 comments:
Dang, you guys were busy! Looks like fun!
Wait, I was in Utah over Thanksgiving too. Did I miss you?? Although, it doesn't look like we would of had the time to see you! Your family is great Heather and I am happy to hear your Dad is doing well. Your kids are way too cute and you look the same as you did when we were twelve. How is one girl so blessed?! You deserve it though for sure. Can't wait to hear about the house hunting and all the latest with that!
You're a true friend Teresa - you tell me lies to make me feel better about my bloated self. Or are you just saying that I was a lardo at age 12?
Sounds like you had a great time! You must of been running from one place to another. You all look great, your kids are so adorable.. Did you have any luck on finding a home? Maybe the next time your around we can visit.. One more question, when is the baby due?? Have a great week!!!
SO, any luck in Poky? If you ever need any help, I know Russ' parents would be happy to answer any questions. They are teachers and know the area VERY well. I'll email you their phone numbers if you'd like. Just leave me a note on my blog or give Russ a call (I think Joel's got his #). We're glad to be getting you as "neighbors".
Oh my gosh! You guys are so lucky to be moving on! I can't believe how fast time has flown by... Anyway.... David and I are jealous!
We had so much fun with you all and can't wait for Christmas.
So glad all of you could come together and visit for two whole weeks! Time flew... It will really be nice when you move to Pokey, we will be able to have sister sleepovers and bring Syd to watch your little people. Great pictures.
Post a Comment