Following our feast of DE-licious cafeteria food, we decided to take the kids down to the Huron river to say adios. Man I'm going to miss this place - it's so beautiful! We took a lovely walk through the woods just trying to soak in every last bit of beauty. I hope I'll always remember how many shades of green mother nature can actually produce! I think we'll all experience a little green-withdrawl when we make it out west. Right after these pics were taken, Camryn fell into the water and cried hysterically while running around in shock (ugh, girl drama!). Christian liked the sight of it I suppose because he "fell" in as well and loved every bit of it.
What will we miss about Ann Arbor and student housing?? Lots of things like...
- My portable dishwasher
- The mole that recently made my garden his home
- Autumntime
- Berry picking in the summer
- Kids around every corner...hmmm....my kids will miss that - not me so much
- The Great Lakes and all of their attractions
- Hauling my ginormous laundry basket up 3 flights of stairs
- All of our friends made during residency (are you still cyber-stalking me Aisa? ha ha)
- Scraping off my car after an ice storm
- The Detroit government officials - go Kwame Kilpatrick!
- All of my fellow "green" Ann Arborites driving around in their Subaru Outbacks and Toyota Prius (what's plural for Prius...hmmm)
- Sharing an unspoken bond with a stranger wearing University of Michigan attire. Go Blue.
- Knowing that I'll always look at grocery carts and Radio Flyer wagons with great fondness
- The outstanding community programs offered to kids and adults alike
- The taxes (that we didn't have to pay living in student housing) needed to fund such outstanding programs!
- The cultural diversity - Chinese, Korean and Indian markets galore!
- Installing my own carpet with a staple gun
- Yummy local cuisine like...cheesecake from the Prickly Pear, Mughlai Chicken from Madras Masala, the #2 reuben from Zingerman's Deli, Gandy Dancer salads & desserts...mmmm, I'm getting hungry!
Wow, Pokey has some big shoes to fill. I hope we love it there because I feel like we're giving up a lot by leaving this this town! The only thing on my "pro" list for Pocatellodian right now is...being closer to family and not having to share a bathroom with 4 kiddos on Sunday morning. I think the list will get longer soon enough.
I'll bet having a dishwasher built into our cabinetry will help.
9 comments:
my two favorite from the list:
grocery carts and autumntime. we were there for such a short time, but it continues to be one of my favorite chapters of our life's story.
Cute pictures of the kids at the Lake. And I know you are going to miss that portable dishwasher.
You guys will surely be missed!!! I loved your list!
I'm torn between saying that I'm thrilled for you and that I'm oh so sad to see you go! Love you and great post!
I have so many comments for that post, where to start. First, at least you HAD a dishwasher. I have been married for 10 years and last summer was the first time we had a dishwasher. Second, I know what you mean about missing the green. We live in a very green place and when I went out to Idaho two weeks ago I was shocked at how different it was. It has its own beauties though. Ugh, now I forgot what else I was going to say. P.S. I hope you are going south for the reunion this July. I'd love to hang out again.
It is so sad to leave Ann Arbor. Reading your list made me miss it as well. I love where we are at but Ann Arbor was such a great chapter of our lives. We still share a bond with strangers wearing Michigan attire, it usually starts some great conversations! Good luck with your transition.
Yeah! This end of the LONG journey is almost over and the new one is about to begin. I loved reading your list. We miss Ann Arbor so much. It seems just like yesterday YOU were taking our picture in front of our house right before we left (with Camryn in her cute night gown:-) Keep us posted on all of the new developments.
MMMMMMM..... Good luck finding any of that fun stuff in Poky!! The only restaurant in Poky that came close to AA is a place called Senang.. So when you are feeling lonely for some AA Atmosphere you need to go there. Happy moving. We will be thinking of you. We are actually moving into our new house this week.. yahoooo.
Loves,
Michelle
I'll miss the Huron, too! That was a great and memorable trip last year. I wonder if going down the Snake will be as beautiful...NOT. It will be nice to have all of you closer. Happy moving!
Post a Comment