Yes, this is my 3rd post in one week - I'm making up for lost time, what can I say? I've saved the best for last. My sweet little Spencer was blessed this past Sunday and we shared the bless-ed occasion with my favorite in-laws.
I always look forward to my babies getting blessed by Joel because he offers such sincere and thoughtful blessings. The spirit is always strong and I'm again reminded that I've got a keeper for a husband! Joel's parents made the 2 hour trip up to Ann Arbor first thing in the morning to support us. We've been so lucky to have them live so close to us during our 4 years of residency. We're leaving them in 3 months and are so sad not to have them come with us! If you're reading this Cristie...you better figure out a way to make it out west again! My kids need their Gammy and Grandpa!
We shared great conversation and food that day, but this post is all about the pictures. So sit back and enjoy a few shots of Spencer's blessing day. My next post will be Spence's photo shoot in his cute blessing outfit (courtesy of Grandma - thanks!)
Here is Spencer and family on his blessing day.
We had lots of individual shots with everyone,
but forgot to get one of the whole group.
Argh! Oh well, we took lots of pics to make up for it...
We had lots of individual shots with everyone,
but forgot to get one of the whole group.
Argh! Oh well, we took lots of pics to make up for it...
Joel and the kids with Spence after changing
out of their Sunday clothes...
out of their Sunday clothes...
So a bunch of people have mentioned that Spencer looks
exactly like Christian. Well, I think they look pretty similar,
but now that I see them next to each other, I think they
look pretty different. This is Spence at 6 weeks...
exactly like Christian. Well, I think they look pretty similar,
but now that I see them next to each other, I think they
look pretty different. This is Spence at 6 weeks...
...and this is Christian at age 4 weeks.
Do you think they look the same??
Do you think they look the same??
Here is another picture to compare Spencer and Christian.
Christian never took a pacifier, but he sure loved Mom's pinkie finger!
Low and behold, his little brother loves the same finger!
I had to have Joel take a quick pic to prove they are similar
in more than just looks!
This is Christian...
and this is Spencer...
I just love little newborns. They are the closest thing to heaven on earth in my opinion. We have so much to learn from children in general and it all starts with these precious little souls. We are so grateful for Spencer. He has been a great blessing in bringing peace and love into our home. God bless our children!
5 comments:
Heather those boys could be twins!! They look a lot alike and your pictures looked like the same baby to me! Who knows, when Spencer grows up, he will look different I am sure.
What a great day to share with Joels family. It makes such a difference having family close enough to hop in a car and see them if we need to....soon it will be your family's turn to have you back in their lives. Which I am sure they are grateful for. At least our states are close..Idaho and Washington are only a few hours apart!! I hope to see that baby in person soon!!
What a wonderful day! I can' bear the thought of you all moving so soon. I hope we can come at the same time. We love our JD, Camryn, Christian, and Spencer (and their parents of course)
I am so glad you post all of this since we can't be there. I am so lookiing forward to seeig my little nephews and Camryn. Just to let you know, Adam was having a hard time memorizing one of his cello pieces. Once I put the names of your kids in, he rememembered the passage amazingly well. SO, your famous. Take care.
How do you like ny new word remememememememembered!
How nice to have Joel's parents so close to come and be your supporters during major events at your little household. I can't believe how big Spencer has gotten. I don't think his 3 mo outfits will fit him for too long. He just takes after his siblings...
Post a Comment