This post is dedicated to my one and only little girlie: Camryn. I can't believe it, but she's going to be 5 this month! I feel like I'm finally starting to understand her a bit more. I've given so much attention to JD these past few years so I find it refreshing to switch gears and give my middle child the needed attention she deserves.
So one thing that has really helped me bond with Camryn is helping her at her preschool. The school she is attending is a Methodist preschool and it is a co-op with other parents. The parents have to put in some major hours to keep it going. It can be overwhelming at times, but I'm actually grateful because it gives me a chance to spend one-on-one with her. I get to see her in action with her teacher and classmates. It's so informative to observe her make decisions-like which friends she chooses to associate with. How would I know these things if I weren't there first hand? That is what keeps me going.
Camryn and Brittani: Best friends and classmates
Another thing that I completely love about getting to know Camryn better is the love she shows for Christian. She can be so attentive and "motherly" towards her little bro. Sometimes I ask her to "babysit" for me so that I can take a shower. Her main job is to make sure Christian doesn't escape out the front or sliding door while Mom is preoccupied. She changes her tone - kind of like baby talk - when she talks to him. It's cute.
She has suddenly turned super affectionate in her old age. She hugs and kisses me all the time. I love it because she never used to do that. She'll kiss me on the arms, cheeks, nose and lips - it's great. She tries to sneak one in with JD every morning - he dodges it like the plague. He'll let a hug get in every once-in-a-while.
She loves to sing. I totally get a kick out of Camyrn and Brittani's (her friend) versions of primary songs. They always have the melody down, but the words are another story. I find myself laughing out loud when I hear their individual interpretations of the words. It's sweet. She takes after her mom and grandma - we are known for making up silly little tunes. Like, "...let's take the lamb to the slaughter..." Yeah, that would be my mom's version of a sweet little tune. Camryn has some big shoes to fill. I'm just so happy that I have a child that loves music!
She loves make-up. Loves it. I think it's so special to see all of these little girls sharing germs and smearing lip gloss in their eyebrows. Wow, legos can't hold a candle to dirty make-up!
She loves friends. I think she's going to go into shock when we move from our current "revolving door house." She can usually last an hour or two without a friend over. After that she's on the phone calling someone over to play - usually Brittani. It's been interesting these last couple of months though - she actually is asking for alone time. What? What have you done with my daughter? I love it! Yeah! Alone time!
She loves to pick fruit here in Michigan. Anything from blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and apples. Here is the latest from our recent (2 months ago) raspberry pick'n trip.
She loves spending time with "just mom." I've been taking her through a reading and writing program and she asks to do it all the time. I pop in the cd and together we go through the "Sing, Read and Write" workbook. Christian always wants to participate. He wants to be just like his older sis - Barbie, purses necklaces and all.

She loves ice cream, german pancakes, bubble gum, Barbie movies, school and...
we love her!
10 comments:
I love my Camryn Bamryn. She is Daddy's little girl sure. Thank you for being such a sweetheart Camryn! Love Papa.
Camryn is a little angel dollie and we are so glad to be her Gammy and Grandpa! Thanks for a wonderful fun weekend, Camryn!
Ahh, sweet Camryn. I still remember her on my floor when you came over to help me try and cope with cleaning my new house! She was so rolly pollie and adorable. She is no lognger that little baby that I remember! SO grown up! You are such a great Mom and have really done an amazing job raising your kids. I can't help but think back to the creepy doll (troll) in your Dads office that FOR SURE had eyes that followed us! Oh and all the "runny poo's" cookies! Sigh... the good times we had!
Oh and the debate...ha. It was not as fun as I thought it would be. I'll give the animal, environment hater that much! :) She got me at the "wink"!
Life is fun, and I am glad you are my friend so that I can share it with you!!
Oh by the way, you are so pretty.
Love that picture of you and Camryn!
Camryn reminds me of Sydney when she was little. She was all about girlie things, by age 2 she could put lipstick on perfectly! I'll have to send more girlie things for Camryn soon. She's a keeper!!
Such a beautiful little girl! She's got to be extra sweet and girly to keep balance in that house of yours. :)
Heather: Fun to see Camryn highlighted. She is really growing up. Remember, the teen years are coming. Funny how sweet little girls change in their teens. Enjoy her now. Looks like Mom, and I, will be coming back during UEA. I'm in my rounds of Chemo-Radiation to follow, and just can't get around lots of people. Look forward to your November trip West. Best wishes to the gang. Dad
Heather: Mistake in my message. We will NOT be coming as hoped. Dad
Camryn is such a cutie!! The FUMNC pictures brought back so many memories. Abs was excited to see a picture of Miss Julie! I am glad things are going well.
I love your thoughts on Camryn, it is fun to see her through your eyes. I am so glad you are having a boy! Mostly cause Camryn seems like the perfect little angel daughter and sister. So SWEET!!!! Her smile and squinty eyes are THE BEST!!! You can't help but smile.
- Caroline
Post a Comment