Established 1996

Established 1996

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happenings around these parts...

So Grandpa and Joel braved the movie theater today with 7 kiddos! And lucky me gets to have a break. Sweet! Anyway, we've been having a fun and busy time here. I can't believe I haven't taken a million pictures by this point. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

I'm so nauseated that I don't even like to swallow my own saliva. So gross I know. I want to throw up all of my misery, but NOTHING WILL COME! I keep thinking if I could just get rid of this feeling for like 5 minutes, it'll make my day. But no. I dry heaved twice this week and it made me so happy afterwards - I felt normal! I brought a bunch of clothes that I thought I'd be able to wear with my expanding waistline. Um, yup they're too restrictive already. Maybe I'm having twins...I say that every time I get pregnant! So I've resorted to wearing Joel's scrubs everyday and not showering. Ahhh, it finally feels like I'm pregnant. I am so freak'n hot!

Anyway, enough whining - trust me you'll hear more later. Now for the fun things we've been up to:


JD and Camryn and Christian are in heaven playing with Tyler and Erin and Sophie - like every day. JD and Cam ask each morning if their cousins can come over and play. JD and Ty have been playing Grandma's video games all day - it's making me crazy! The rest of the kids like to play dress-ups, jump on the "jump-o-line" (trampoline in Camryn language), and swim in the little play pool. Oh and eats lots and lots of popcasicles (Christian's version of popsicles).



These pics were taken at the BBQ at Matt and Brit's house. Josh and Melodie's fam was there too. So fun! Little "Dellarooni" warmed up to Uncle Joel pretty fast. Her funny faces entertained us all weekend in Cedar City.








We had a fun weekend in Cedar City in the middle of the "wilderness" with Joel's brother Matt and his family. Brit's family has this adorable little cabin in the mountains. I've always refused to camp until my kids are older, so they didn't know what to do when we got there. I took them on a walk and showed them how to collect and throw rocks - like true "wildernessers" do. In fact that was my answer for every question my kiddlins asked:
"Mom why am I wearing dirty underwear again?"

"Because that's what you do in the wilderness."


"I don't want to eat this hot dog - it fell in the dirt."


"It's totally fine, this is how you eat in the wilderness."


"Mom, I don't want to drink this water straight from the river - it's not even clean."


I didn't even have to say that's what you do in the wilderness to JD. He happily sipped away once he believed me that the water from the ri
ver was much MUCH cleaner than the water in Michigan.

Brit's Grandparents drove up the canyon and cooked us pancakes and sausage one morning - how cute - they're like 90 too! Our evenings were spent sharing hilarious stories around the campfire - yes, we gossiped about you (just kidding). I think we got spiritual too at one point. Joel must've been searching for the barking spiders by that point - right Matt & Brit? Anyway, I know that Brit took some pics, so will you email them to me s'il vous plait? I left my camera in my purse. In Gammy's zippy car. In Sandy. Ugh I hate it when I do that!

I haven't even gotten to the most interesting stuff of all: Joel's job searching trips. I'll have to wait until the next post for that one. My mom is waiting patiently for me to finish this "blog stuff" so that we can go shopping. So sayonara until next time.

6 comments:

Brit said...

love the video clip...thanks for putting it on! And check your email for those pics. I just sent 'em

Jenni said...

I never thought I'd be grateful for vomiting, but during first trimester I sure was! There's nothing like a great (temporary) release from the persistent nausea. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun on your super-vacation!

Cristie said...

Can't wait
For the update!
Looks like you guys know how to have fun--as if we didn't know already!

Teresa said...

Looks like fun Heather (not the nausea part). I think you should go hang out with my sister in law (Ryans Wife) she has a IV hooked up to her every other day and is totally miserable. You are about the same number of weeks along too. Wouldn't that be FUN!!? I am glad things are going well and I would of loved to be a wildernesser person with you all!

Matt said...

also; I'm sorry your kidlins were (still are?) sick. Lame.

jen Whetman said...

Hmm, I wonder why your kids have the runs...All that wildernessness. Sounds like it was a ton of fun though. Wouldn't it be nice if our parents had a cabin for all of us to use? I think it would be a blast! Have Joel write you a prescription for phenergan, but it'll knock you out. I guess that wouldn't work for watching the little people. Have him get you some zofran, that's the best! Can't wait to read about the next adventure...