A few months ago, Joel's sister announced her engagement and shortly thereafter Joel's brother announced his. The weddings ended up being 2 weeks apart! What? Crazy, but that's how Joel's family rolls. I'm just so grateful that we FINALLY live so close because all of the travel would've been very costly. Anyway, I'm not sure how Joel's mom survived, but somehow these two weddings came together. The great thing is now our great big family has swelled by even more. Saweet.
First came Joel's brother's wedding. It was a simple and beautiful wedding - just perfect for them. Camryn was so happy because she kept getting all of these flower girl dresses to wear!
Spence with Great-Grandma and Grandpa Gardner
And Spence with his Great-Gammy...
Now just a short 2 weeks later came Joel's sister's wedding. This too was a beautiful wedding and reception - just perfect for them. And again, Camryn was in heaven with all her new dress.
Me and my man. Yo Caitie, we did this whole thing 13 years ago!
Mom and the kiddos...
Here are all of the Gardner men...

Here are all the Gardner women (in-laws)...

Lisa (below) formed quite a bond with my little Spence. He loved her and she adored him. I think she loved the fact that she didn't have to speak any English while around him. She babysat him in one of the visitor centers at Temple Square while Caitie and Jeff tied the knot. During the whole ceremony I kept thinking, "What am I doing leaving my baby with a non-English speaker that I hardly know?? Crazy. As soon as the ceremony was over, I practically sprinted to retrieve my baby. We couldn't find Lisa at first so I started freaking out a bit. The sister missionaries didn't know where she was either! Luckily, Joel found her in a side room watching a movie. Phew! I'm such a freak.

I feel so lucky to be part of this big Gardner Fam. It's already huge, and it's just getting started! Grow baby, grow!
Here are all the Gardner women (in-laws)...
Lisa (below) formed quite a bond with my little Spence. He loved her and she adored him. I think she loved the fact that she didn't have to speak any English while around him. She babysat him in one of the visitor centers at Temple Square while Caitie and Jeff tied the knot. During the whole ceremony I kept thinking, "What am I doing leaving my baby with a non-English speaker that I hardly know?? Crazy. As soon as the ceremony was over, I practically sprinted to retrieve my baby. We couldn't find Lisa at first so I started freaking out a bit. The sister missionaries didn't know where she was either! Luckily, Joel found her in a side room watching a movie. Phew! I'm such a freak.
I feel so lucky to be part of this big Gardner Fam. It's already huge, and it's just getting started! Grow baby, grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment