Dear Council of the Counting Sheep,
I am writing out of desperation and begging for your help. I'm fully aware that you have ceased doing house calls for the insomniacs of the world. However, I'm hoping that you will have
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration,
Mrs. Gardner
Dear Mrs. Gardner,

We were very sorry to hear of your predicament. However, due to our recent unionization of the council, we will not be making house calls - ever. Ever. We would like to assist you in your time of need so we put our noggins together and came up with a brilliant plan! It seems a big concern for you is your deteriorating brain capacity. So our recommendation is this: when your daughter wakes up, lovingly put her back into bed, turn the hall light on and work on Sudoku puzzles. We've heard that they give the brain a real workout! Do this and we're confient that you'll be on your way to smarthood in no time!
Sincerely, The Council of the Counting Sheep
Dear Mr. Sudoku,
I'm writing because I have some serious issues with your product! Due to my many recent sleepless nights, I've been attempting to solve your puzzles and I've discovered a big problem
with your company and product. I believe you and your company are involved in false advertising! It clearly states on your product that by doing these puzzles, your brain will get into shape and one can only assume that means my brain should be getting smarter. Well, I've been doing some of your puzzles late at night (like I stated earlier) and I feel like I'm only getting stupider and more dumber. You see, I used to be a math teacher for heaven's sake - this should be easy stuff. But alas, here I am writing you. I think you should change your advertising approach to better represent your product. I would love to discuss this matter further with your customer service department. Please feel free to call anytime. Really, any time - I should be awake.Sincerely,
Mrs. Gardner
Dear Mrs. Gardner,
We've read your moving letter and on behalf of the entire Sudoku customer service department, we urge you to get more sleep! We believe that you'll feel smarter and "less dumber" if your brain were better rested. We'd love to hear of your success in the future!
Sincerely, Sudoku Cutomer Service CenterYour life doesn't seem so bad now does it!
10 comments:
And I thought the 2 hours it took to complete the "easy" puzzle was impressive... I must be even more dumber dumber. Why is it we cannot obtain precious sleep... we must will the Universe to roll some this way.
Your soo funny! I don't think your dumb! Sleep deprived, yes! We find that it comes in phases. So by the time you are so big you have to sit up to roll over and can't stay asleep anyway because now is the time for the baby to practice soccer drills on your bladder. Cam should be past her scared of the dark phase. Ahhh the brite side. Your welcome.
OK sister, here's what you should try with Camryn. I did this with Sydney at different intervals in her growing years. I had soft, soothing music playing continuously throughout the night. I'm sure you're worried about her getting addicted to it, but she'll out grow it. Make it a routine: read, hugs, kisses, music=sleep... AHHH...sleep... Nice comments Joel. I had to read it twice (day 4 doing 12 hour night shifts-durh). Good luck sister. If you're super deprived, Benedryl works...JK
Heather: Sounds like you and I have the same problem. Sudoku use to keep me awake. Now, I just finish the puzzle early, off to sleep! Unless you have chemotherapy. Then, you stay awake all night (at least I have the past 3 nights). Get lots of thinking done, but can't seem to solve all my problems-let alone the worlds. Just enjoy the stages you kids go through. One day, you will pineaway for the "good old days". Don't you realize today, right now, are the good times? Enjoy while you can. Dad
Heather, I hear ya. I am sorry that your loving little four year old is not sleeping. I have one of those too. Remember this to shall pass (I always hated when people told me that though). Hopefully in your case though, it passes quickly and you can get some rest.
My friend, I must say that you are far wittier (is that even the correct way of spelling this) than I ever hope to be! This has to be the funniest and most enjoyable blog I have ever read. Thank you for brightening my day!
-Caroline
So sorry about your lack of sleep, but I loved your post! I always look forward to a new post from you because they are always so funny, or thought provoking. Keep them coming!
Oh if only the sleepless nights were over, as Holly stated, this too will pass, hopefully sooner than later! Caleb has this terrible habit of getting in bed with us at about 3am in the morning, he lays next to me and rubs my hair and wants to talk for oh, I don't know Hours!!! I really wish that I had some profound words of wisdom for you, but alas I am at a loss myself.... Good Luck....
Della's been going through a waking-every-night-at-least-twice-a-night phase....and I was hoping it would pass. But sounds like it'll just come 'round again. and then maybe again. I think parenthood = insomnia = insanity ...that's why all kids think they're parents are crazy...
Very clever! Try Brain Age on the Nintendo DS. It makes me feel smart. It even has sudoku puzzles! And I love to sneak in a power nap on the floor while Kara's playing. I can sleep through anything if I'm tired enough, even her sitting on my head. Good luck!
Post a Comment